Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Challenge 210

This weeks challenge was:

Weekly Challenge #210: "Spiralstring - that's the thing!"

This week's challenge is to use a spiral as your string... I like to come back to a simple spiral string because frankly i find them to be challenging because they don't really close off anywhere.  PLUS they always look so cool.


So I played around a bit with making it look like a weave. Messed that one up and I keep coming back to the pattern "Coil". I hadn't tried drawing it yet so I decided to give it a try and was very happy with the result. I have had a hard time leaving it this way. I think it needs something in the background but at the same time I like the simplicity of it too. :)

One question for you how do you keep your pencil shading from smearing after you are finished. I heard one time to spray with hairspray but was just wondering what you do to set your drawing.







4 comments:

Unknown said...

Your coil-spiral looks fantastic.

Simone Menzel said...

very nice!

LezliB said...

I love this, especially because ever since I read that the challenge was a spiral, the song lyrics "Like a circle in a spiral" kept running through my head. Nice work!

Vicki: said...

Thank you all so much.