Friday, May 22, 2015

Challenge #218

So here is my weekly challenge tile. I love white on black but for some reason this one istruggled with an idea. I saw B'dylan the other day on line and like the simplicity of it and wanted to draw it. I thought it would look good on black. Then trying to figure out what else to do. :) So i started with bubbles just to play around. It is simple but i still like it. :)

Here were the instructions:

Weekly Challenge #218: "White on Black on Found"
This week's challenge is an option.
The challenge is to do a white on black tile or zentangle inspired piece of art - using a white pen on black paper.  HOWEVER, i know that not everyone has access to those art tools.  
So, there's also the option of creating a tangled piece on a found object instead or in addition to white on black.

personally, i love the look of the white on black tiles, but i never seem to have the patience for them because there's a lot more 'finessing' of the gel pens, i find.  It seems that the ink will flow better if you almost 'dab' the gel onto the page, and then move very slowly.  Which, in hindsight, may be a good thing when it comes to creating a tile.  I find the white on black to be quite challenging.




Hope ya like it.





4 comments:

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Vicky...I really like it! That's my answer...and now my question. What is the tangle you have used for the main focus? Lovely!

LonettA said...

Very lovely and creative tile!

Vicki Gentry said...

Lynell thanks for the comments. :). The "flower" is called b'dylan. If u can't find it I can post it on Tuesday when I get back to work.

Vicki: said...

Here is a pinterest link to the tangle. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/61220876160323208/