Friday, May 22, 2015

Challenge #218

So here is my weekly challenge tile. I love white on black but for some reason this one istruggled with an idea. I saw B'dylan the other day on line and like the simplicity of it and wanted to draw it. I thought it would look good on black. Then trying to figure out what else to do. :) So i started with bubbles just to play around. It is simple but i still like it. :)

Here were the instructions:

Weekly Challenge #218: "White on Black on Found"
This week's challenge is an option.
The challenge is to do a white on black tile or zentangle inspired piece of art - using a white pen on black paper.  HOWEVER, i know that not everyone has access to those art tools.  
So, there's also the option of creating a tangled piece on a found object instead or in addition to white on black.

personally, i love the look of the white on black tiles, but i never seem to have the patience for them because there's a lot more 'finessing' of the gel pens, i find.  It seems that the ink will flow better if you almost 'dab' the gel onto the page, and then move very slowly.  Which, in hindsight, may be a good thing when it comes to creating a tile.  I find the white on black to be quite challenging.




Hope ya like it.





4 comments:

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Vicky...I really like it! That's my answer...and now my question. What is the tangle you have used for the main focus? Lovely!

Annette P.-L. said...

Very lovely and creative tile!

Vicki Gentry said...

Lynell thanks for the comments. :). The "flower" is called b'dylan. If u can't find it I can post it on Tuesday when I get back to work.

Vicki: said...

Here is a pinterest link to the tangle. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/61220876160323208/